Madisen Maher Architects (MMA) created a new 10,000-square-foot, two-story professional office building for Siepmann Realty Corporation’s LakeWind Professional Office in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. Tenants include Hexagon Investments LLC, Lake Country Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and WholeHealth Family Dentistry. The facility is located between Pewaukee Lake and the Pewaukee River on two adjoining parcels at 125 W. Wisconsin Avenue and 130 Savoy Court. It offers two stories of office and medical space on one acre of land. The Wisconsin Avenue parcel was the site of a former service station which was a brownfield site.
Key architectural features:
– Shingle-style vernacular for the exterior and interior of the lake country facility
– Four-sided architecture separates public use from private use
– Nine (9) private offices surround an open collaboration space for the investment office
– Heavy timber rafters and skylights bring diffused natural light to interior spaces
– Hidden kitchenette behind a faux fireplace supports the public space
– Wood flooring and accents warm the interior space
The site design forms an outdoor gathering space along the west and north sides of the property, while establishing a public connection between the lake, the river and public parking. Views to Pewaukee Lake from the second floor space are emphasized.